Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Days 6 & 7 - The Watched Cream Never Rises

Be good ya'll!

I've started into even more dairy adventures.  After the success I had with the mozzarella cheese and ricotta, I've decided to branch out into butter.  Apparently its just as easy to make as cheese.  The only problem is that I have to wait for the cream to rise to the top of my local raw milk.  I'm guessing it doesn't help that I open the fridge about every 5 minutes to check on it!

But... I've finally come up with a recipe that Rocks!

I found a bag of tomatoes left over from last summer's garden in the bottom of my freezer.  You would have thought I had just found a winning lottery ticket.  One hour later and I had a decent tomato sauce.

Gee...what to make with tomato sauce, ricotta cheese, local grass fed ground beef, mozzarella cheese, and a huge bunch of of local kale?

Noodleless Kale Lasagna of course!

So I chopped up the Kale and some cabbage into bite size pieces and sauteed in garlic.
Cooked the ground beef with a couple of tablespoons of Italian seasoning mix and onion (locally available this season at the Palafox Market)
Mixed 8 oz of ricotta, 4 oz mozzarella, two eggs and more Italian spices.

Layer 2 x
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/2 ground beef mix
1/2 ricotta cheese mix
small handful mozzarella cheese grated
1/2 of the greens

Finish with more tomato sauce and a handful of mozzarella cheese
I know - sounds great doesn't it - and it was




No comments:

Post a Comment